Tuesday, February 16, 2010
what is day-of coordination?
photo credit: ♥ Cherie ♥
As a wedding coordination company, one of the services that we provide is wedding day coordination. So what is this and why do I need it? Here’s a post to help wedding couples decide if they should hire a helping hand.
Wedding day coordination is for the wedding couple that has planned their entire wedding and is looking to sit back and enjoy their wedding day. When you book a Coordinator to assist, we meet the wedding couple to discuss every single detail of the big day including all of your vendors, venue and anybody else involved. We then organize all of the notes and contracts and put it into action. With us, day of coordination also includes attendance at the ceremony rehearsal which gives the wedding party an opportunity to get to know us.
So do you need wedding coordination service? Well, it depends. Do you want the rental company to call you during hair and make up and say that they miscounted and don’t have enough chair sashes? What about the florist calling to say that they can’t find the venue during your wedding pictures? Do you want to be watching the clock the entire time to make sure the MC is cued and that dinner is served on time? Yes, you could get your mom to do it or ask your cousin Sarah since she has offered to plan your wedding. You have to remember the number of hours that they will need to spend prior to the wedding and on their wedding day when they should be enjoying your special moment.
Hiring a Wedding Coordinator is often a minor expense for having peace of mind and know that everything is taken care of the way you envisioned.
Services include (customized depending on the couple):
• detailed consultation
• research any outstanding vendors and services
• confirm all details with vendors
• on-going emails / phone calls for guidance
• prepare a wedding timeline
• final meeting prior to the wedding to wrap up loose ends
• attendance at the rehearsal
• ceremony and reception set up
• issue final payments to day-of vendors
• cuing the MC and other speakers
• provide a bridal emergency kit
• oversee all vendor commitments and ensure that everything is running smoothly and on time
• assisting any late guests
• supervision and assistance with the take down of any left over items including rentals
For more information or to book a complimentary consultation, contact us at info [at] lotusevents [dot] ca or check out our website.