ASDA - aka Walmart)
Since we didn't have a reliable internet connection last week, here are some random snapshots from around London. Here are some things that we have learned recently (check out week one here!):
- We live near East Putney station which is at the end of zone 2. If we want to head to Wimbledon, we need to upgrade to zone 3 (just like in Vancouver). However, if you travel by bus, there are no zones. Saves money and you see more!
- Eggs are located in the middle of the grocery store and are not refridgerated. This through me for a loop a few visits ago. I just kept circling the shop.
- Car insurance is ridiculously cheap here. Think £200 for the year. Cars are more affordable here as well.
- If the shop states that they are open 24 hours, they do not mean on Sunday's. Sunday hours are generally 11-4pm or 11-5pm.
- The largest tub of catnip I can find is 2oz. For all those wanting catnip toys, I will be busy stuffing when I get to Vancouver for the Spring Got Craft event.
- Cornish pasties have been given a protective status. To call the pasty Cornish, they have a long list of rules they must meet which include:
- must be prepared in Cornwall, but can be cooked elsewhere
- must only be made with beef (at least 12.5% beef)
- must have the distinctive 'D' shape
- must have a robust crust that survives baking and cooling