Thursday, February 7, 2008

happy new year!




Lion dances are my absolute favourite (the lettuce is the best!). They are just so much fun! A few years back when I went to San Francisco with my girlfriend, we saw a few lion dances on the street in Chinatown. I think there was a store opening nearby. My girlfriend, not growing up Asian, went a little crazy when the fireworks went off and she literally was pushing me to the ground because she thought there was a shoot out :)

When Rob and I were dating many years ago, I took him down to Chinatown for the Chinese New Year parade and he got struck in the forehead with a firecracker. He was fine.. just a little shocked. The firecracker left a nice red mark on his forehead. Seeeeeee.... lion dances are exciting!

Some shots from Aberdeen Mall this afternoon.

Wishing you long life and prosperity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails