Tuesday, March 18, 2008

i am strong.. and repeat

So I wasn't sure if I should blog about this, but since this blog is all about us.. here I go!

I am strong.. and breathe... and repeat.

I had a hair colouring / hot dryer incident which burnt off a section of my hair. Yup.. right off. Then it got infected and was super gross. It was obviously not noticeable though as I have so much hair. So since no one could tell, I could not decide if I wanted to do anything about it such as hair transplant. Mainly.. I was scared to death which was why I kept putting it off. The hair salon (by the way.. no hard feelings.. I have been going there for almost 10 years and still love them) offered to cover all my expenses for medication and the surgery, so.. one and a half years later... I finally did it. Rob's advice was.. if you are not doing it only because you are scared... then you should do it.

Holy cow! I was freaking this morning. Nervous giggles, butterflies and everything! Two hours later, I have a swag bag filled with tylenol 3's, antibiotics and medical pads, but to be honest.. it wasn't that bad. Not the greatest, but not as bad as I tricked my mind into thinking.

I will spare you the pictures.

Now.. countdown.. 8 more days until the staples come out. EWWWWW.

1 comment:

  1. wow, andrea!! i had no idea this had happened. good to hear you made it through and are soon to be stapleless. We're so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails