Monday, November 9, 2009

on the mend


(photo credit: bluewinx15(Away)'s)

For those that follow me on Twitter, Facebook or read the blog, you know that I haven't been well lately. I am generally a healthy person and do not get the flu / cold very often. This Fall though? BAM! I don't know what's going on. Rob came home with the flu mid September which he passed on to me. I was down for the count and had a cough that just wouldn't go away for a week or two after the sickness had left.

and then....

BAM! The cough hadn't even completely left yet and then I was hit with the flu somewhere between Cambridge and Belgium. First it was this horrible dry cough, then the fever, more cough and then nausea. I thought I was going to die. I do not like doctor offices and do not visit them unless I am at death's door step. Since I was in Belgium, I really didn't know where to go, so I did the next best thing... hit the internet! I looked up remedies - medicated and herbal, H1N1 symptoms vs flu symptoms and everything in between. Of course, being stuck in a hotel room together, also meant that Rob caught the same flu shortly afterwards. I'm still coughing * cough * * cough *

of course, if that wasn't enough...

Some kind of weird 24hr stomach bug hit me. If I thought I was going to die during the last round of flu, I knew I was dying on this take. I was almost begging to go to the doctor's, but to be honest, didn't even think I had enough energy to go there. Rob said that there was nothing that the doctor could do for this and suggested for me to just stay home and rest. I couldn't sit up. I couldn't eat. I would read twitter / facebook and be nauseous at any words that mentioned food in them and no, I'm not pregnant. Trust me.

I'm definitely on the road to recovery... hopefully... finally... Heading to the Doctor tomorrow for sure just to make sure. Sucking a lozange right now for the cough that is more irritating than anything. I'm feeling thin... tired... lackluster. Sick + jet lag = really messed up sleep schedule. I've been up since 3:30am this morning! In the last 3 days, I have consumed orange juice, one smoothie, bagel w/ cream cheese, english muffin with egg and slice of ham and 2 potato latkes. Trust me, this is progress. I'm feeling much better than before.

Send me healing thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails