Sunday, February 15, 2009

m-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-i



Hanging around the Mississippi area yesterday and I came across the rebuilding center. I love how they used vintage and recycled windows as part of their building.

Then over to Pistils Nursery where we discovered that you can learn all about Urban Farming including buying chicks and chickens! They have workshops called Urban Farming 101 where they teach you how to raise your own chickens, bees, goats and other animals. I have a phobia with the whole bird / flapping thing so I stayed my distance. Supposedly, Vancouver does not allow you to have chickens in your yard, but you can have them if you live in Burnaby. Burnaby's rules are suppose to be less strict and I heard that they are kind of out dated such as "you may have water fowl, but they may not live under your home?"... huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails