Thursday, March 18, 2010

eating :: recipe :: caesar dressing


Apparently, the need for cooking from scratch comes with the handmade lifestyle. At least, this is what Robert has told me when I mentioned that I wanted to start making my own salad dressings. Caesar is one of our favourites and is enjoyed many times throughout the week. Throw in some homemade croutons made from this bread recipe and this caesar dressing recipe posted by post grad hair cut and you have some green leafy heaven!

1/4 cup fat-free or low fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste (you can buy this at the grocery store, its pretty cheap)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (I used regular)
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard

Whisk together. Add garlic to taste.

Instead of adding lemon juice to the dressing, I just squirted over the entire salad. This recipe makes about 6 salads depending on how much dressing you use. I found the results quite watery at first, but it tastes fantastic and makes it easy to spread.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails