Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Birthday!


It's my birthday and I am the big 3-0. Holy! I'm scared. Hold me. Just kidding - hehe... I think??

A part of the reason why we are in London is for my birthday. We haven't been back to London in 5 years and I knew that I didn't want to spend such a milestone at home. Funny how when I was a kid, I couldn't wait for the big day and would count down the days to my birthday.

Back in elementary school, each year, my aunt would plan a birthday party for me. I was allowed to invite 6 to 8 friends and on the big day, my grandma and my aunt would pick all of us up after school and drive us to party central. One year, we had a pinata, but us weak girls couldn't break it. It took somebody's older brother and my uncle to spill the candy guts before we all went crazy. Another year, I was in love with Tiger Lily after winning 10 tickets to see a live stage performance of Peter Pan through a Vancouver Courier colouring contest.

My aunt would go all out too. We had make your own pizza stations, decorate your own cookies shaped like each of ours hands and the best part? We had fake money that we had to use / earn / trade to buy our fixings! Then, there was the year where I ate to much crap and had to run to the bathroom while everybody sang "happy birthday". Oh, memories!

Now that I am older, birthdays just seem like another day and a good excuse to eat cake. By the way, if you are ever near London Bridge, you need to eat cake at Konditor and Cook. *whisper* Choose the carrot cake (pictured above with the dark chocolate ganache) *whisper*

So, what's next? I have a few things brewing up my sleeve and a lot of roads seem to be opening. For somebody that is quite indecisive, it has given me lots to think about. I'm not ready to reveal quite yet, but please stay tuned.

Thank you everybody for their birthday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails