Tuesday, October 20, 2009

London - Day 5



I have been feeling pretty tired the past two days, so we decided to take it easy. It's not jet leg as I am sleeping through the night, but I seem so tired when I wake up even though it's close to 11am by the time I get out of bed which is a lot later than I normally do. I don't even notice when Rob gets up. Hopefully it will pass and it's not me subconsciously thinking about my birthday on Thursday :)

So day 5 in London started off with us wandering around Putney looking for the bus to South Kensington. The whole bus thing is such a mystery that we are working our way through. Every now and then, it's nice to take a bus route and see the city from the top of a double decker rather than ride the underground. After stopping at 3 bus stops looking for bus 414, we ended up taking bus 14 and made our way to the Victoria and Albert Museum. I had two things on my to do list here.


(not actual keys, but signage used outside locksmith shops)

Skeleton key exhibit...



My favourite - the cast gallery... (Only half of the exhibit was open. The other one was closed, so that they can finish an exhibit for 2010.)



Rob's head pictured on the bottom left shows you how big these casts actually are.



Check out these biscuit tins that were used to hold samples to be handed out.



Day 6 is starting off to a slow start. It's just past 1pm and we are having a quick lunch at the flat. Will be heading off to Leicester Square soon to pick up some theatre tickets. It's getting cold here at night. Thinking I should have packed a winter jacket? BBC is calling for heavy rain (knock on wood), but so far, it has been a perfect weather trip - cool, crisp with a touch of sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails